Dr. Dennis Lox Presents Stem Cell Findings
Dennis M. Lox, MD, Presents Stem Cell Findings at “Clinical Translation of Stem Cells 2014” Conference in Palm Springs, California. Dennis M. Lox, MD, appeared among an elite group of academicians and translational medicine physicians (those that actually use stem cells on patients). Dr. Lox was one of only three orthopedic-oriented stem cell practitioners invited to speak. The lecture was well received, enough so that the program organizers invited Dr. Lox to be a keynote speaker next year in Boston and again in Palm Springs. Dr. Lox presented basic stem cell, cartilage repair strategies, cytokine reprogramming, and select cases from multiple professional athletes to the end of the osteoarthritis spectrum, a case of a 95 year old gentlemen with severe hip arthritis.
Conference attendees were a mix of researchers, clinician-scientists, and surgeons. In addition to top-tier presentations, the conference included a hands-on clinical practicum by surgeons to illustrate the methodologies in adipose-derived stem cell manipulation.
- Adipose-derived Stem Cells
- Clinical Utility Illustrated with Case Studies
- Cosmetic Surgery and Associated Applications
- Clinical Translational Applications with Pluripotent Stem Cells
- Disease Classes Addressed and Ongoing Clinical Trials with Adult Stem Cells
- Translational Research Activities with Adult Stem Cells
- Dental Applications
- Orthopaedic Applications
- Umbilical Cord Blood-derived Stem Cells
- Veterinary Applications of Stem Cells
Confirmed Speakers Included:
- Mel Bircoll, California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Ingrid Caras, Senior Science Officer, CIRM
- Dennis Clegg, Professor, University of California-Santa Barbara
- Wade McKenna, President, North Central Texas Orthopeadic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Henry Klassen, Associate Professor, University of California-Irvine
- Jiayu Liao, Associate Professor of Bioengineering, University of California-Riverside
- Dennis Lox, Florida Spine and Sports Medicine Center
- Joe Purita, Director, Institute Of Regenerative and Molecular Orthopedics
- Allan Wu, CSO, Regenerative Surgery Institute
- Mark Berman, California Stem Cell Treatment Center
- Prudence Talbot, Director, University of California-Riverside Stem Cell Center
- Fred Fox, Ethicist, BioMedical Research Institute-BioMed IRB
- John Feller, Medical Director, Desert Medical Imaging
- Elliott Lander, California Stem Cell Treatment Center
- Kristin Comella, CSO, Bioheart, Inc.
- Sicco Popma, Scientific Director R&D, Cell Therapy, Janssen R&D/Johnson & Johnson
- Shigeki Sugii, Assistant Professor, Singapore Bioimaging Consortium (SBIC), A*STAR
- Frank Mi, DrSignal BioTechnology Co., Ltd. Taiwan
- Ken Pettine, The Premier Stem Cell Institute
- Michael Pazzani, Vice Chancellor for Research, University of California-Riverside
- Gregorio Chazenbalk, Associate Professor, University of California-Los Angeles
Dr. Lox frequently presents at national and international stem cell conferences to stay at the forefront of stem cell medicine. Dr. Lox does admit that presenting in Europe has its advantages – including the ability to nurture international contacts and the chance to spend a few days of R&R. Dr. Lox’s last presentation in Izmir, Turkey which is on the coast, allowed the luxury of spending some time in the Aegean Greek Isles. It’s hard work, but Dr. Lox will gladly do it for his patients.
If you’re in pain or had an injury and are looking for an alternative to surgery, contact us immediately at one of our locations. Our Main Medical Center located in Tampa Bay, Florida (727) 462-5582 or at Beverly Hills, California (310) 975-7033. Visit us at www.drlox.com
About Dennis M. Lox, M.D.
Whether you are a professional athlete, weekend warrior, or have arthritis from aging, Dr. Lox can help.
Dennis M. Lox, M.D. is an internationally renown Sports and Regenerative Medicine specialist. Dr. Lox incorporates Regenerative Medicine techniques such as cell science applications, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), and Tissue Engineering aspects, to help patients from around the world with a vast array of problems. Dr. Lox is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Lox lectures extensively and has edited two PM&R textbooks, the prestigious A State of the Art Review (Star) on Low Back Pain, and Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment.
Dennis M. Lox, M.D. maintains an active practice in the Tampa Bay, Florida area, and in Beverly Hills, California.